Sunday, December 20, 2009

It is 9:10 Friday night and you get a phone call...

In this case it was from on of our "community" in Virginia a friend of a boy (who is now a man) who Franklin adopted many years ago when we first moved to Connecticut was in the homeless shelter in Stamford, sick, could we put him up?
We have a sofa (sleep sofa). I have known this person, who has some child like tenancies and probably some mental health issues, but he is a grown man.
He stayed the night, but would not stay for dinner because he felt he was imposing.
He had been kicked out by some friends he was visiting.
It think he felt everyone one would not want him around.
I think he will be here for Christmas and more...
Then we will see how we get him down to Virginia.

6 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Joey

And so you live the 'word'...."when I was hungry,lonely, naked you fed me, gave me shelter, cared for me...." I am not one to "quote" scripture but it fits. :-)

With deep appreciation and respect for all you do
Love Gail'
peace.....

Libby said...

that's got to be a difficult situation, joey...

Lori said...

That was a very kind gesture. I am sure it was very appreciated. By the grace of god or an act of nature, that could be anyone of us. Opening you home to me is biblical. I believe in Karma Joey. You will be blessed as you have a good heart..

Grant said...

Couldn't someone drive him to Virginia, let him out of the car to pee, and then drive away?

Lou said...

What a true gift to offer him a warm, safe place. Often I think "there but for the grace of God."

Jeannette StG said...

You have the gift of hospitality! Bless you for that!