Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The machines Did NOT win this day!

The terminators did not kill most of humanity, the master controller failed.
Today, i took charge and got all the unruly beasts back in line.
Our poor IT department was befuddled for days,
but they had bigger fish to fry than my little program.
When the servers went down, I was in the middle of some VBA tweaking and as a result my entire VBA for the database was corrupted.
The backup from IT did not help, but my CD copy did the trick.
The new machine with some firmware/software problems was brought into submission by the Service guy from the company and my argon tank is no longer leaking!
So the end of the world and machine domination is not yet!

4 comments:

Grant said...

Now all that remains is to walk around the office shouting "HULK SMASH STUPID MACHINE!"

Lori said...

I do believe humans will conquer.. plus you had to have felt a sense of accomplishment. You brought order back to your workplace!

Lou said...

Too funny! Reminds me of the chaos at my work when the computers go down, or God forbid, "load slowly"!

Unknown said...

Well that's good to know. I can stop digging my bomb shelter :-)