Saturday, January 9, 2010

An ode to love




I never considered myself a romantic, but this is my feeble attempt.



Jenny
You came into my life, 
when your pain was still raw, 
your heart still hurting, sometimes uncontrollably. 
You hated your self for crying so easily and yet, 
I loved you for it, 
The softness of your heart, your soul. 
tho you were strong and proud. 
Maybe you had pity on me, 
you did not ask me to rescue you, 
You, you rescued me with your weakness. 
With all of your pain and trouble, 
you still reached out your hand and took mine, 
and showed love.
You say you are not nice and contest that you are not kind, 
but all you have ever shown to me was your kindness and 
you are always nice to me.
Thank you.


Many times,
i lie awake at night wondering,
could we more than we are?
Could we be the person we are ...
with each other?
For a couple compliments and
enhances the other.
They are not a perfect match,
but rather a work in progress...
For now you remain my friend only.

10 comments:

Ileana said...

Wow, this is beautiful, hopeful and romantic. I love this side of you!

Gail said...

Hi Joey-

so heartfelt and full of promise and yet I feel a twinge of sadness too.

And Joey? I can barely read the blue print against the green. I need it a tad darker to "see". phew.

Love to you
Gail
peace.....

Droomvla said...

I love this post!!! Thanks for sharing it with us! :D

betchai said...

so heartfully written, i am glad you two are friends and work in progress

Lori said...

How beautiful Joey. Friendship is the best foundation for the beginning of something wonderful. It is the glue that holds two people together for more than the heat of the moment. How nice to see this side of you.....

Gail said...

Hi Joey-

thanks so much for changing the colors so I can "se".

And did you notice? There are so many women commentign on your blog. You are a "chic-magnet"!!!! :-)

Love you
Gail (one of your chics!!) :-)
peace.....

Lou said...

This is why I don't believe in love at first sight..it takes awhile to see a person's soul.
Really nice, Joey.

Unknown said...

this is certainly more than an attempt.

an underlying sadness marks each word. a yearning perhaps.

the questions you ask, the most provoking of all.

JTG (Misalyn) said...

You may say that you're not romantic but reading those lines..oh my...i must say that you are truly romantic...maybe you just never realized it.

Lovely poem..with touch of happiness and sadness with lovely photo which enhances the feelings that your poem.

Jeannette StG said...

Wow, if you call this a feeble attempt, I wonder what it looks like when you forge ahead?