Monday, June 21, 2010

Not such a good time

Interruptions, work, no quietness.
Dealing with this seems impossible.
No energy to set a boundary, a limit, a pace.
The muse is not quiet, but confused.
I am not able to navigate such treacherous waters like this.
I am worn down.
The mornings have been busy,
when they should be quiet.
A hot afternoon,
has too much activity.
No time for peace. no time for quiet.
I do not like this time.
The heat should create quietness, but instead there is tumult.
Why?
I go inside for an answers and find interruption.
Will it stop
or will i break?
This creates darkness in my soul,
a bleak landscape of burned embers.
While all is green to my eyes,
my heart does not see life.
This is not good.
This must come to an end.
Acts of kindness are pushed aside.
This will come to an end.

3 comments:

Gail said...

JOEY-

I am so sorry you are struggling - I know how overwhelming life and its demands can be AND evn more so when you, like mysel, are fightin for our own healing. Please hang on and do me a favor -
go to YouTube- put in to search - R.E.M - Everybody hurts, and just sit back, watch the video and listen. k?

I tried to link it here for ya - but it wouldn't let me,

love you man
Gail
peace and hope.....

Libby said...

confusion is never conducive to a peaceful brain, is it?

Woman in a Window said...

I hear you, Joey. I experience this. Don't know how to shed this. And then - and then, it sheds itself. Sometimes it seems that certain energies have to be played out. Hope this one is near pooped and you return to some quiet and peace.

xo
erin