Monday, July 5, 2010

a meeting place

i have fought my battles
and they are all but won
and now one more foe i must face.
It creeps softly, silently like a fog, not a cat,
gradually grasping for my soul.
It is dark and forbidding
and it shuts out all light.
It is not something to surrender to,
for that would be the end of life.
This malaise,
this feeling of hopelessness that comes from no where.
Despair is one of its names,
depression another.
It saps strength and will
and now i face it, knowing its name
and confident in the outcome.
For my energy is strong and my heart is not willing to be taken prisoner
by such a mighty and horrible foe.

5 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY

I am with you.

Love you man
Gail
peace and hope.....

Woman in a Window said...

Isn't it strange how it can find us in a garden? We can be standing there marvelling at the miracle of soil to seed to carrot and then it can find us and turn us. But your belief that you will overcome is the right one to have. It is a time. All time passes. And you will once again see the miracle of soil to seed to carrot, and then you will dine. I'll stand beside you eating from the garden.

Do you salt on your carrots?

xo
erin

krista said...

yes, she is a horrible foe. but so wonderful when conquered.
xoxo

Jeannette StG said...

Sorry Joey, your comment is already the 2nd that got lost this week! Still have to respond, but wanted you to know that I didn't know it till now:(

Yes, about your dilemma -never, ever give up!!

Lori said...

If anyone can conquer that foe, it is you my friend....be well...xoxo