Thursday, July 8, 2010

Random Experiences for the day

Walking to work,
maybe,
for it felt more like i was swimming through a wall of water,
the humidity was so high.
The high heat of the past few days was nothing compared to this,
this moisture which clung to my every step.

From the lab, on the eighth floor,
I spy a storm in the distance.
It is dark and intense,
but i see no flashes of lighting
nor hear any rumble of thunder.
Soon it is gone,
not coming near,
but clearing the air it seems.
A new intern, less vibrant,
 less interested than the last, but nevertheless a help.

Walking home i stop at a local store.
i know the owners,
but many times they are not there,
i stop anyway.
The help, i am sure wonders about this,
 but it is simple,
it is a flower shop.
i stop for the beauty of the plants,
the smells
and the people who do work there.

The air has cleared and is not so heavy.
The sun that was a haze,
is full and bight,
but it is not so hot as days past.
It is a pleasure to walk home.

3 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY

Yes, the humidity is lifting - I just opened up the downstairs - letting outside air filter through. It is good to hear the wind rustling the leaves -

I enjoyed walking home with you. The flower shop was lovely.

Love you man
Gail
peace and hope.....

Lori said...

Walking can do wonders for the soul. The humidity is brutal, but, I too, have been walking. I also have an affinity for Rita's Ice. That is a good motivator to tie my shoes. Keep walking love.....xxoo

Woman in a Window said...

I wonder on the people around you, Joey, and what they might think about your transformation in how you see the world. Do they notice? Have people told you things of you?

The humidity broke here today after one week of it. I put on jeans and cleaned my bathroom and didn't sweat a drop. Ha!

xo
erin