Friday, July 9, 2010

Strangeness of the eyes

my eyes confuse me,
not what they do not see,
not how they see two images,
but what they do see.
At work, on the computer,
i am reviewing a database. in as best as i can describe. scroll view.
The information is flying past and 30 to 50 records at a time,
i take it in.
How?
I have not a clue, but i do,
till i find what i am looking for.
The scrolling is so fast that i over shoot my mark
and must go back.
How strange this is!
Like Data in an old star trek, the info flies past.
I am surprised, how can this be?
As tired as i get from this use,
i still marvel and have not a clue.

2 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY

Marvel indeed. :-)

Love you man
Gail
peace and hope

Woman in a Window said...

Data! Ah, but how I thought a great deal on helping him to humanize. Computer-you - you need no help to humanize. But how strange, indeed. I'm afraid I marvel at the opposite. I see things that aren't there. I miss things that are. I wonder on our brains as such, their power and lack of power.

(Loved that series!)

xo
erin