Friday, August 6, 2010

2 years

Two years ago,
they put me to sleep,
banged and cut open my skull
and removed something awful.

I did not know my adventure would take so long,
It is not about the double vision
or my lack of balance,
tho it seems to present that way.
It has been some thing much more deep and mysterious.
Something which shook my thoughts
and beliefs
and path of life.

I did not know it would take so long.
The struggles,
 the crying,
the inexplicable joy...
almost makes sense,
but not quite yet,
there is more to come.

People have been telling me,
people i trust,
that they feel the adventure is almost at its current end.

No death is not in the offing,
but life
and living
and a change for still something more.

Soon,

It has been 2 years,
i did not think it would take this long....

7 comments:

Grant said...

I'm at two years and two months and still have no idea when or if I'll be well again.

Gail said...

HI JOEY-

Oh my, how well I understand. I fell your adventure with all its fascination, mystery, wonder, joy, fear and surrender and growth. I feel you.

My adventure of this nature began June 30th 2006 - and so it goes. Hold my hand -

Love you man
Gail
peace and hope.....

Carrie Van Horn said...

Thank you for sharing your journey with us...your poetry is beautiful.
:-)

Gail said...

thank you for your reply over at my blog to hold my hand - i feel good about that - connected and safe. walking with you hand 'n' hand is a privilege.

love you man
gail
peace and hope.....

Unknown said...

It has been quite a journey and I don't know if I would have your resiliency. But I do admire yours greatly.

Jeannette StG said...

One day you can say...I didn't know it would take this long
and finally I don't have to wait anymore
Hope you'll get through "this" quickly - it sounds scary to me.

Woman in a Window said...

I'm just soft around your struggle. Just soft.

xo
erin