Monday, September 20, 2010

Vision

Not of vision for my life,
But of my soul.
A fire that catches and burns without consuming,
But of creating.
I have missed it for some time,
I was so down, I was unaware.
Not living,
only surviving.
There is more now again,
The spark that wants something more with each thing you see,
Each place you visit,
Each person you meet.
Creativity,
Another name,
But it runs deeper than a painting
Or a piece of art
Or a meal.
It runs through every breath you take,
Every step of every journey.
Excitement.
It is limitless..
I am alive.

4 comments:

Gail said...

I "See" you.

Love you man
Gail

Woman in a Window said...

Is it strange to you, Joey, when it escapes you? I have had times like this, usually related to time and work, and suddenly that spark is put out, fingers to a match, that easily. Is it not strange that it cannot be maintained when it feels, as it does now, that it can never be put out?

I watched myself at work today burning, and all those around me burned. And I thought, how easy, how infectious this state is. But so too is the other. Isn't that odd?

I am so glad you have found cause to burn again. Sustain it and tell me the secret.

xo
erin

Unknown said...

Oh Woman in a window - it took someone to tell me i was in the dark without the spark, i could not see it for my self, tho i knew something was wrong.
Sustaining will be the things, our world is negative, with heavy feelings every where and it can get to us, seeping through cracks we were unaware of and sapping our very souls.
Gail - thank you.

eastcoastlife said...

Very encouraging and touching. I'm just keeping my fire alive and waiting for the moment to burn bright and long enough to eliminate the evils in my life. :)