Sunday, November 7, 2010

Life

In the distractions of this world,
the needs others push on you,
the things that are truly unimportant,
the things not about life,
i sometimes forget.
I forget to be truly thankful for my life
and all that i have been given.
Yes, you heard or read correctly,
all that i have been given.
Others will tells you you worked for it it, it is yours,
but the reality is that all that i have,
my life,
my friend
and even my double vision are a gift
and i am thankful.
i wake up in the morning
and i breath
and i hear
and i even see, distorted tho it my be,
wondrous and marvelous things.
Everything around seems to want to take it away,
but i am constantly reminded that it is all a gift
and to enjoy it
and be thankful.

This is my lesson from fall, the season,
for its beauty and splendor seems to last only a little while,
yet, it will return
and if you look closely,
even now,
in what most consider the ugly season,
there is much beauty.

3 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

Oh, it is gorgeous. Nothing ugly about it one bit. A time of learning.

Isn't it strange that there is such a press to take simple beauty away? It is so odd to me, and yet I experience it often, as well.

I am out into my day to experience my now. Enjoy yours, Joey.

xo
erin

Gail said...

much beauty indeed. I too feel gratitude for every breath, every step however unbalanced - ever view -however blurred - and so it goes....
love you man
Gail
peace....

eastcoastlife said...

I'm just glad to be alive. No matter what season it is, what problems I'm having, I'm glad I'm breathing, hearing and smelling!