Sunday, November 21, 2010

Time

So much going on,
so little time it seems.
Life slips past
and the world continues to turn.

Yesterday,
with a thinly veiled sun,
a light,
not quite twilight
and yet not day time,
shone through the window pane.
A shadow on a wall,
with a branch projected
and a single leaf dancing,
holding on in a gusting wind.
I leave that sight to perhaps capture it,
to retrieve my camera,
but upon my return the leaf was gone
and only the swaying branch remained.

They consume,
they devour
and yest i continue to feed them.
I want them to stop,
so i may feed others,
but all i make is consumed
and not a crumb is left for others.

Why is my heart so,
it wants to give,
not keep.
What is it about me,
that does not take care of me?

I do not belong,
it seems,
in this selfish world at all...

Random thoughts,
but it is all about time slipping away...

4 comments:

Gail said...

JOEY--
time is a mystery, for sure. And it does seem to slip away. Let's hold on tight, and yet gracefully surrender as we do. The next moment is waiting to happen, ready? :-)

Love you man AND "Happy Thanksgiving"
Gail
peace......

Brenda's Arizona said...

This is one of the best you have written... 'my heart..., it wants to give, not keep..."
A reader either gets this or not. Why can't we give forever?
Lovely, Joey. Just the best, painfully so.

Woman in a Window said...

ohhhh, joey, the likes of you, your anomaly, ohhhhh, even if only for the moment i get to witness your leaf dancing on the branch! then, THEN, i have done something.

xo
erin

Carrie Van Horn said...

Joey seems we both have had time on our minds these days...this is beautiful! :-)