Monday, June 6, 2011

The Dream

There was a war on and a large city was besieged.


When it fell, I found myself back o my old street, where I grew up.

I met the son of the king who was the victor, for the king had died in the battle.

I apparently, was the song of the other king, who had also died, but apparently not in battle.

The son and I talked and after a while we said to each other, we could have been friends, if it had not been for this war, for we had much in common.

I said, “We should still be friends.” And so it was.

I then find my self in the house where I grew up.

It was cluttered and a bit disheveled. Half of shoe of my dad’s was lying around.

I found myself on the front porch and there was a plant box, long dried out.

As I poured water on it, dust rose up as it does when the dirt is really dry.

There were dried up cactus in the box and I believed they would come back to life.

I was alone in the house, but it looked the same as when I was growing up.

Did not want to be alone in this house, but I was.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Joey: The 'war' is going on in your soul...(probably over the loss of your mother in real life). In your dream, you are reaching out to a peer, who has also lost a parent, his father.

Don't freak out, but this 'peer' is actually you, too. It's 'another aspect' of you, actually.

Wisely, you realize that 'together' you 'two' are stronger and can help each other deal with your losses (and 'victories', for that matter).

The 'complete you' is stronger than the individual aspects of your personality singly. Your other half is the 'victor' in you, and in your dream you realize you need 'him' as much as he needs you, the 'peaceful restorer'. You reach out in friendship to him, even though he has 'conquered' you (moral high road).

You decide to 'return to your roots', which is your family home-a most natural thing to do. It is a place of familiarity, comfort and refuge.

It is disheveled and in need of tidying (to be expected after all the turmoil and time away from it) and you notice a 'half of your father's shoe'.

This means you need to 'get your life ('your house') in order' and, more significantly, you realize that you must now 'fill your father's shoes'. They're laying there right on the floor, afterall, aren't they?

I think what this means is that your subconscious is 'challenging your conscious mind' to understand that YOU are now the 'older generation' and that you have to 'pull it together' to fulfill that role. It happens to the best of us, my friend, (although I don't know if your dad is alive or not in real life, but no matter, the message is the same!)when our parents die.

Anyway, your 'going back to your roots' metaphor is also evident in your attempting to water that dry dusty cactus. You are confident that it will 'come back to life' because you CAN do ANYTHING, especially you and your new 'victorious friend' together--You're 'sons of Kings', aren't you? Nothing is beyone your reach!

You will 'restart' and 'restore' and end the war 'within' and without'.

In doing so, you will make your parents very happy and do them honor in the afterlife.

And, of course, you are alone in the house--It was all 'you', all along and now you realize it.

No one wants to be alone and you don't either. But no matter how many friends or how much family one has, one thing is certain:
We are born alone and we die alone.

Alone...well, except for God, that is, and to my way of thinking as a Christian, with the Father, Son & Holy Spirit.

This was a really 'good' dream, Joey. On the one hand you are 'a conquerer and victor', but you are also a 'peacemaker and a rebuilder'.

Way to go.

With Love in Christ
Rev. Barb