Friday, October 28, 2011

That mood

It is not the weather,
It is not the time.
There is more going on,
a sense of loss that seems to have aroused in my heart,
 devouring joy.
Yes, it is in these times my heart opens wides.
The analytical mind must take a rest.
Not all is to be understood,
not all is calculable.
There are things deep,
deep in a heart that stir that are not fathomable to the mere intellect.
I smile, the chemist is not stirring and restless because he can not understand.
Joe is quiet in the knowledge that there are many things unknowable and finds peace...

5 comments:

Shionge said...

This is just a calming and thought-provoking post although it says analytical mind must take a rest :)

So beautiful and wishing you happy peaceful weekend "D

Lori said...

That is one of the ways I attain peace. I realize that some things I am unable to understand or put a label on. Great post.

Lou said...

Hi Joey, I found your blog again!

I love this poem! My daughter is getting her PhD, and she is a wonderful person, but sometimes lacking spontaneity, and just "opening her heart wide."

I have come to accept the unknowable. I totally understand your feelings here.

Hope you are well!

Gail said...

HI JOEY-
beautiful words, wise and true.
Love you man
Gail
peace.....

erin said...

for me the light was a majoy factor. four days of static grey light and the heart and mind turned. one morning of deep fog and freeze and i turned again. can it be as simple as the chesmistry of the body in response to light? sometimes for me it is this simple, or so it seems. now, for some of that peace...

xo
erin