Saturday, October 8, 2011

waiting

listless,
without direction or energy,
fall approaches.
Fall or Autumn haas wonterful memories for me, but this year ...
i am blah.
I dread the winter, the holidays, there is a foreboding that i can not describe.
It shrouds my feelings and perceptions this morning and last night.
To escape and yet i am bound.
Thee is no stout resolution that i can pretend to have,
just a quiet resignation.

This sounds mighty down, doesn't it?
It will leave soon....

Just as the leaves with the slightest hint of color, will also.

Now i bring in my special plants, the ones which will not even survive an Autumn night!


Out side
Now inside! soon to lose flowers and leaves!

4 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY - ya, despite the cool crisp air I too feel sullen. Perhaps, losses of this past year for you are impacting your vision for this Winter/Holiday season. Perhaps.
Love Gail
peace.....

betchai said...

hello Joey, sorry I haven't been here for a long time, hope the season and the down feeling will soon pass. your words are very poignant, if there is only a way I can help ease the pain for you, will lift you up in prayers.

Ileana said...

Joey, I expect that the down mood will pass. You have so much to look forward to, like the gift of another winter. Love cool wind and cozy nights. I hope your mind wander to a place where it's warm and joyful! Hugs to you, my friend!! xo

Unknown said...

It is always strange to me how these "moods" fall upon me like a storm and then are gone.
Many things start the, but just a small things releases them.
Thank you all.
Wandering the web among the bloggers is good for the heart!