Wednesday, November 30, 2011

what set this off

My mom's parents (my grandparents)
my friends were not surprised by what i felt yesterday,
they expected it.
Packages (or rather boxes) had arrived the other day from Virginia...
yes, my mom's stuff,
more to go through.
Three boxes were easy.
The fourth hard,
the fifth, impossible.
Pictures and photos and things.
some brought back memories,
some i had never seen and i was in awe.
I will work my way slowly through those last two boxes
and then i will share.
It is after all, still the first year
and the first year without her.

4 comments:

betchai said...

Oh Joey, I am so sorry, you've been through tough times, but your strength is also inspiring. I am sorry for your loss, my condolences and prayers.

Granny Annie said...

It does get easier but the holidays always make it tough. Try to enjoy those photographs as if your mom were looking at them with you over your shoulder.

Lori said...

I can only imagine what you feel like, but I believe in you. I am sorry for your loss.

Stamford Talk said...

you look like your grandma, no?