Friday, December 30, 2011

there will be no Resolutions for me

there will be no resolutions for the New year,
not this year,
nor years past,
 nor years future,
for God speaks,
even through a donkey
at times that are not of my own choosing.
Friends speak
when they see
and it is then i must make my resolve
to listen
and to change.
Life's lessons are man
and the time is never when we want
and so i remain ready
to hear
something new,
something some times painfuland change will come forth
or else i must learn the lesson yet again.

6 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY -
I continue to celebrate my freedoms and honor my limits - Happy New Year to you
love you man
Gail
peace......

Ileana said...

Beautifully expressed...as usual. Let the friends speak, yes! Happy New Year, my friend!! Wishing you a joyful and peaceful heart...and all things good!! ♥

betchai said...

Happy New year to you Joey, no new years resolution for me as well, I believe in responding to the change as it is needed at the right time and at the right moment, and not having to wait for new year for that.

Jeannette StG said...

No resolutions for me either, Friend! I wouldn't want to mess up my life those tricky things:)

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Happy New Year! I like intentions more than resolutions. I´ve been reading around the web, not only the new goals but also the checking in with the old ones. When the resolutions are based on "shoulds" the implementation usually fails. When the intention comes from within, action is taken towards the goal.

Shionge said...

Strange but true I haven't been hearing alot of my peers mentioning anything about resolution so that's a good thing :D