Sunday, May 13, 2012

wild roses

sitting at my quiet place on a Sunday morning,
sipping my coffee
and feeling the breeze blow gently,
i get lost in thought,
my heart comes out
and i truly relax.
My sences are suddenly assailed by a scent.
It does not seem right to use such a word,
but this wonderful sweet fragrence comes but once a year.
For a few short weeks the wild white roses bloom
and as they bloom they perfume the air and stop all else.
There is no other color or scent that is as pronounced
and my thoughts are driven further from me
in the ectasy of the smell being released.
Such a small flower and so fleeting,



Ah, but so powerful.

6 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Joey -
beautiful words, images, scents too - I can experience the aroma from here.
First Mother's Day w/out your Mom here? Thinking of you.
Love you man
Gail
peace.....

Anonymous said...

in Michigan it is the lilacs!

Lori said...

Great pics Joey. I have been gardening every morning and I love it. The flowers are blooming and the indoor plants are thriving. I love playing in the dirt. Now I will have to show you some of my photos of the garden I started. I thought about you on this past Mother's Day and hoped you were ok. xoxoxo

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

Wonderful way to spend a Sunday. Lovely wild roses. Enjoy : )

Shionge said...

Not people appreciate this and I think we are lucky you share this thoughts with us...it is indeed beautiful :)

Salitype said...

There is one house on our street who has this kind of white flowers, I didn't realize they were roses, but they smell soooo good and refreshing !

Aligaga