Saturday, July 7, 2012

sanctuary for reflection


I have created this place
for my body and mind and soul and spirit.
Here i reflect.
It is best don in the mornings.
I do Eye exercises also,
but that is an incidental.
reflections on the flowers
and the birds
and the vegetables forming.
A doctor visit that did not bring me satisfaction,
or maybe it is a beginning.
Thinking of the Tomatoes forming
and my mind drifts to my mom,
memories of things we shared,
things she loved:
garden tomatoes,
sparrows and other wild birds.
A quiet place to sit.
So much emotion - it is good,
but it does not feel good.

Thought of cooking:
a neighbor has a birthday party for her son.
I get to pre-cook chicken for a barbecue -
The cautious Health Department Chemist blends with the outlandish home cook.
The large quantities of chicken are half (or a bit more) season by my neighbor,
half by me.
The chicken will be safe and good.

A secret about the corn bread recipe - after it is done,
place 1 quarter stick of butter, sliced thin all over the top and let it melt.
This does something outrageous.

Yes, cooking is therapy,

i get to impart part of myself to others.



Reflections of Thursday Evening's sky

5 comments:

luluberoo said...

This was just what I needed to read today. Your honestly, devoid of pretension, is so refreshing.

Granny Annie said...

Absolutely love your creative corner.

betchai said...

i love your space for reflecting and pondering Joey, keeping you in prayers.

betchai said...

ps....i love that sky shot also, you have so many beautiful sights around, the flowers, your plants.

Unknown said...

betchai - have have, as you been to the wonderful national parks and seen some beautiful things, but the really thing is to see the beauty in the places we visit daily and i do.