Monday, November 26, 2012

i really was not expecting this, not at this time



Thanksgiving was not my time to spend with my mom,
i wanted her to spend it with her once removed family
and i told her often.
It was Christmas and her birthday that we spent together
and those are not due yet.
It has been a year and a half
and yes i still miss her,
but it was not suppose to hit so hard during Thanksgiving!
I became melancholy, sad, upset and depressed
and i could not fathom why.
I told those closest to me (who i consider like brothers and sisters),
that i felt alone
and they felt left out.
I did not want to be "here" any more
but i did not know why.
I spoke and they dragged it out of me,
from a place that i was not expecting, not at Thanksgiving time.
Yes, i still miss my mom.
She came to me during waking hours and rub that spot where the operation was,
as she did those times 4 years ago,
when my head was swollen and sore,
and i was fine.
It will probably happen again,
but for now,
i am fine.

5 comments:

Genskie said...

Where is she? Why don't you go and visit her... you don't have to wait till xmas I think since you are missing her

Granny Annie said...

Monday would have been my mother's 97th birthday. There is not a day that goes by I do not miss her. You are not alone in your sadness. Moms are so very special and ours would probably whip us both for being so melancholy.

Unknown said...

Genskie - she passed a year and a half ago and i would love to go visit, but the "visit" would be permanent!

Gail said...

HI JOEY - oh how I feel your pain and loss so deeply and truly. I cried when you wrote of feeling her rub the spot where you had your operation. Such really moved me. You are a beautiful man and I am honored to share in your life and have you share in mine.
Love you man
Gail
peace....

Jenny Woolf said...

Anniversaries are always so hard, and there doesn't need to be a reason. I'm so sorry.