Monday, May 6, 2013

more connections

Yesterday was the memorial service for Art Glowka.
I will miss him.
He was a good friend..
He was 82 and it seems i end up with special bonds with these kinds of persons.
His ashes were scattered in Long island Sound in a simple ceremony that was well attended.









In the midst of this i find myself melancholy,
for connections between one to another are too strong to let go.
Others who have been in my life and now have gone on.
Each deeply special to my heart, 
but now are not here.
A litany of names,
but they were not just names,
they were persons...
with hearts and minds and character.
With each i have learned much,
enjoyed much


and suffered much...
WITH THEM!
Again the lesson is that we are all connected to each other.
It is a good thing.
If we do not remember this,
we will not have peace.

4 comments:

betchai said...

i feel the pain reading your words Joey, it is hard to lose a friend, and persons very special to us. Hope all is well.

Granny Annie said...

You are so right that we are all connected. Sad for your loss of a friend.

Shionge said...

My deepest condolence on the passing of your friend and this reminds me to not take all my loved ones for granted.

Take care dear friend.

Unknown said...

Sorry for your loss. We are all connected in this world. Many people are too busy to even think about that. Be well dear.....















I am very sorry for your loss.