Wednesday, January 22, 2014

backing away

There have been strange,
difficult things happening in my life as of late.
I am backing away from the now.
Slowly, carefully,
they should not have been
and there is some heartache,
some loos,
but i know it is over.
I now look for the directions i should go
and they are all around me.
I will embrace newness,
that does not ask me to destroy what i have,
but to add to it.
It was important for a bit,
actually a long while,
but it needed to end.
It is funny, they think they ended it,
but i know what i have done
and it was me,
ended willfully,
purposefully.
You can not ask some one to throw away a lifetime
and not expect this in return.
There were people hurt in what is collateral damage,
but i am very aware i was not the root for their pain.
I need to back away now
and find my path again.

4 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Now that is an emotional outpouring of a powerful feeling.

Gail said...

HI JOEY - oh my, a time of self reflection and redirection too. Very emotional outpourings. I have sensed, felt your wonder and fear for a while now. I pray you will soon be grounded, peaceful and clear.
Love Gail
peace..

eastcoastlife said...

It's so difficult to back away familiar surroundings or the people you really care about. Hope you are much happier and at peace.

Zenserly said...

Beautifully written...