Monday, April 13, 2009

Random thoughts on a Monday

Well the weekend was good, but I was tired, often. There is a lot of activity/pain/throbbing in the back of my head and it feels like the nerves that were not feeling anything are coming to life - slowly.
The slow part gets me frustrated. the pain is not much, but gets me tired. The throbbing is fine at least I feel something.
Everyone making a fuss over me, making sure i am okay sometimes gets me irritated, but that is their concern, they do not want to see me again like I was in December.

The meal for the shelter was fine - I did the sauce and the meatballs and the pasta, Dave and John did the lettuce and heavy carrying and cleaning up. We brought the meal over, 4 pans of a sauce (excuse me, I mean Gravy) that would make my Italian friends' mother proud, with spaghetti and meatballs. 2 pans of a reasonable salad, bread, butter, cookies (next time I will do fruit), ice cream sundae cups. I was told you can buy meatballs at Costco, but I know mine were better. Anyway all that was food for 45 + people who only get that meal for the day. It was good. I was exhausted.

Work today was fun. I got to talk to a pediatrician who likes to keep up with Lyme issues. Everything i said could be supported by research from the medical community, the research labs testing the ticks and/ or the CDC. That was good also.

1 comment:

Jeannette StG said...

Making food for that many people would any person exhausted, Joey LOL. I commend you for thinking about others!
You don't know you have nerves until something is going on with them. It must be very uncomfortable, since these are nerves in the back of your head. Take plenty of rest, dear friend.