About Me

My photo

Born a Texan, but traveled the US extensively.  Now staying on the East coast.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Random thoughts on a Monday

Well the weekend was good, but I was tired, often. There is a lot of activity/pain/throbbing in the back of my head and it feels like the nerves that were not feeling anything are coming to life - slowly.
The slow part gets me frustrated. the pain is not much, but gets me tired. The throbbing is fine at least I feel something.
Everyone making a fuss over me, making sure i am okay sometimes gets me irritated, but that is their concern, they do not want to see me again like I was in December.

The meal for the shelter was fine - I did the sauce and the meatballs and the pasta, Dave and John did the lettuce and heavy carrying and cleaning up. We brought the meal over, 4 pans of a sauce (excuse me, I mean Gravy) that would make my Italian friends' mother proud, with spaghetti and meatballs. 2 pans of a reasonable salad, bread, butter, cookies (next time I will do fruit), ice cream sundae cups. I was told you can buy meatballs at Costco, but I know mine were better. Anyway all that was food for 45 + people who only get that meal for the day. It was good. I was exhausted.

Work today was fun. I got to talk to a pediatrician who likes to keep up with Lyme issues. Everything i said could be supported by research from the medical community, the research labs testing the ticks and/ or the CDC. That was good also.
Post a Comment